The Plympton-Wyoming Historical Society is a non-profit corporation established through our membership with the Ontario Historical Society. We were incorporated on October 19, 2013 and our membership is made up of community members who are passionate about Plympton-Wyoming’s rich heritage.
Objectives of the PWHS:
- To stimulate interest, particularly that of the residents of the Town of Plympton-Wyoming, and to extend such interest of any residents of Lambton County
- To collect, preserve, exhibit and/or publish historical documents and artifacts in ways that tie with the municipality’s historical past
- To establish a museum, currently, at the town-owned Camlachie Cultural Library Museum (CCLM)
- To showcase articles of historical interest of the community
- To establish and maintain liaison with historical societies in other communities within the county and with such organizations in other counties and communities
- To exchange information and further a close relationship between and among such groups and local museums
For further information, please read the full text of our constitution.